Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsAPT

Author Topic: M16: Canon 6D modded + last year Nikon D750 data (full frames joint venture!)  (Read 271 times)

Offline rofus

• Astrophotography between a song and an album
    • The Ski.es Astrophotography Gallery
After solving successfully the weird oblique banding of my Canon 6d modded using more properly prepared flats (again thanks to Chris Bailey!), yesterday I decided to test the HA with the Canon with my GSO RC8 on M16...a favourite of mine that I was able to imagine last year for 50 minutes only (8 min subs iso800) between gusts of wind.

A perfect object for HA...too bad that yesterday eventually it wasn't that 'clear' and so I managed only 25 minutes (5 mins subs iso800) across 2.5 hours of time (!)....between loads of clouds results were not exciting on the subs, but there was definitely more defined HA...and so I decided in PI to stack both sets to see really this HA of the Canon.

The comparison is astounding...luckily yesterday there was no wind so I was able to get a much sharper image, and using the best data of the two limited sets I got this:

Of which I'm particularly proud as it was a total of less than 1.5h total exposure and between wind and clouds...I'm gonna do it properly with the Canon 6d mod as soon as weather permits...but the variety of colours (and the additional details) compared to the one I was able to get from the Nikon alone it shows me that indeed having a proper HA exposure will help in processing as I have now the HA distinct from other colours instead of having to 'recreate' it based on the small red signal I got and the leak in the other channels:

AA 8" RC + AT Flattener, SW Esprit 100 + SW Flattener, Daystar Quark Chromosphere
Canon 6D modded, Nikon D750 unmodded, ASI174MM-COOL, SX Lodestar X2, ASI120MM
Canon & Nikon various prime lens
SW HEQ5 Rowan Belt Mod, AA 60mm Guidescope, Astrotrac, SW Star Adventurer
Mac 15" Retina Parallels: EQMOD, PHD2, SGP, PlateSolve2, BYN, CDC, Pixinsight, Photoshop
William Optics binos, Baader Hyperion eyepieces, Meade & Celestron binoculars
http://theski.es

Offline Einari

• Poster God
    • Einari's astro pages
Very nice.
Tapio

Celestron C8, C9.25" & Hyperstar, iOptron CEM60-EC, TS 80 triplet,  Coronado PST, SXV-694,  ASI120MM/ASI174MC Cool

Offline PaulB

• Galactic Poster
  • Canis Major
    • Paul's Astronomy Pages
That is very good.
I think you need more exposure time, to this object justice. But you are getting there.

I like it.
Paul.
"Whirlpool Observatory"
Losmandy G11-Gemini L4.
Celestron C9.25.
Wm Optics ZS66sd
Megrez 80 ED II Triplet.
Orion OMC 140
Altair 115ED F7
Coronado PST
Atik 428EX.
QHY5L-II.
Modded Canon 1000D.
IOptron Mini Tower II
CCD Images
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulabrierley/

Offline rofus

Thanks, yes the problem I had with m16 is that being low I always had problems with weather somehow, but now finally yesterday got almost 3 hours of 8min subs with modded Canon 6D...will see if finally something good will get out of it!
AA 8" RC + AT Flattener, SW Esprit 100 + SW Flattener, Daystar Quark Chromosphere
Mac 15" Retina Parallels: EQMOD, PHD2, SGP, PlateSolve2, BYN, CDC, Pixinsight, Photoshop

Offline clive

• Poster God
Ive never imaged m16 its to low from my back garden  its a very nice image  a 6d moded i use great camera

Online midnight_lightning

Very nice, is that just from HA subs alone?
HEQ5 Pro, Esprit Pro 80/400, Sky Watcher 9x50 Guide Scope with Lodestar X2 (PHD2), Nikon D750 Un-modded (BYN), IDAS D1 LPS, SX814, SGPro, Star Tools.

Offline rofus

No the first one is just my DSLR modded (Canon 6D), so is just RGB one shots with more sensitivity in HA because of the mod, and the second is again just DSLR but with a non modded camera (Nikon D750), in both cases without any filters.

I'm going soon to process the 3 hours final set I have, lucky through a very stable and clear sky...is gonna blow both these I hope!

ukbuysellUKAI on FacebookSharpSkyblankSponsorship Opportunity