Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsAPT

Author Topic: Lunar/Planetary Camera choice?  (Read 396 times)

Offline Sigma Gamma Mu

Lunar/Planetary Camera choice?
« on: 19:26:37, 20 March, 2017 »
I am after some advice regarding the purchase of a Camera that will do lunar, planetary and allow a little dabble in DSOs. I was initially thinking about the ZWO ASI120 MC as I don't have a fortune to spend on a filter wheel and filters. I am also looking at the Altair Astro GPCAMV2 Colour. Both chips seem to get a good write up, so what to choose. There are other options which I am willing to be guided on but the two mentioned seem to be pretty good. Planets won't be good for the foreseeable future so close up lunar will be it's main usage. Am I correct in saying solar will be a waste of time with a colour camera? Basically any advice would be welcome and some images if possible of what these and other cameras can achieve.

Thanks

Offline Einari

• Poster God
    • Einari's astro pages
Re: Lunar/Planetary Camera choice?
« Reply #1 on: 06:00:39, 21 March, 2017 »
Both will do the job. Also there's also QHY cameras to choose from - quite similar.
Solar imaging can be done with camera if you are talking normal white light - in Ha solar scope mono is better.
Too bad sun is pretty dull these days - no sun spots and have to wait years things to improve.
Tapio

Celestron C8, C9.25" & Hyperstar, iOptron CEM60-EC, TS 80 triplet,  Coronado PST, SXV-694,  ASI120MM/ASI174MC Cool

ukbuysellUKAI on FacebookSharpSkyblankSponsorship Opportunity
TinyPortal © 2005-2012