Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsAPT

Author Topic: Potential Observatory Project  (Read 3575 times)

Offline peterr

Re: Potential Observatory Project
« Reply #45 on: 17:30:38, 06 November, 2016 »
Finally a nice weekend and got all the sides up.  Unfortunately the shiplap was poor quality so that's not on and got sent back but for now but I had loads of vapour barrier left so I skinned in that to weatherproof it until the next loads of shiplap arrives. 
I've gone with temporary sloping roof for now and will probably put automated apex sliding roof off until next year.  Roof is in 2 parts so I can lift it off easily, crude but effective but at least I can now get the cross batons done and get the OSB done inside, this allows me to actually think about rigging up the scope and camera and do some imaging.

Anyone thinking on costs so far I am just at the £1,000 mark inclusive of shiplap. 

Sky-Watcher Explorer 190nm, AZ-EQ6, Lodestar X2, Atik 460EX, SX FW, SX OAG, Baader 1.25" LRGB + HaSIIOIII, Canon EOS 500D Unmodified, Orion ST80

Offline peterr

« Reply #46 on: 10:37:48, 15 November, 2016 »
Test fitted the scope last weekend and decided I would now leave it there in temptation to do some imaging.  We've had a lot of rain over the last 2 weeks and zero leaks form the roof or sides so comfortable leaving the gear outside now.
Will need a custom park position with eqascom at 90 degrees until the sliding apex roof goes on next year.

Still a few more cross beams to fit and then fitting the OSB3 hopefully this weekend.  If it's a great weather this weekend (unlikely I know) then I will be cracking on with the shiplap instead of the internals.
Sky-Watcher Explorer 190nm, AZ-EQ6, Lodestar X2, Atik 460EX, SX FW, SX OAG, Baader 1.25" LRGB + HaSIIOIII, Canon EOS 500D Unmodified, Orion ST80

Offline peterr

« Reply #47 on: 18:26:27, 05 December, 2016 »
Finally, the obsy is in a useable state.  The OSB3 is now all in, I've built most of the warm room "section" to house the electronics and power etc, my warm room is the house!.
The CAT6 networking is all good from the house, electrics are not wired in yet so still running on temporary power (saving up for a sparky).

Next step is sort those cables out around the mount and scope!

Offline peterr

« Reply #48 on: 14:47:11, 20 December, 2016 »
Christmas came early and the external work is now done on the obsy.  Some work still to be done inside with cabling and sockets but its almost there for now.

ukbuysellUKAI on FacebookSharpSkyblankSponsorship Opportunity