Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsAPT

Author Topic: Dalby Forest Star Fest 2017  (Read 177 times)

Online Eccoskies

• UKAI Moderator
  • Poster God
  • Im so unlucky, if I had a pet duck it would sink !
Dalby Forest Star Fest 2017
« on: 16:23:22, 17 February, 2017 »
Received an email this morning informing that the 2017 Dalby Star Party won't be happening this year  :(

Fingers crossed for 2018

Hi, I hope this note finds you all well. It is with great regret that I have to let you know that we will be unable to run Starfest this year.
I am deeply saddened to be forced to take this decision however myself and the SARAS management committee feel that it would be better to cancel as we have reached the conclusion that we would be unable to run an effective and safe event in 2017.
We are having difficulty due to lack of members who are available to prepare for and attend Starfest (work and family commitments have conspired to reduce our ranks). In addition we are concerned about water supply and a number of other factors. We held off as long as possible while trying to rescue Starfest but the Forestry Commission now tell us that Adderstone Field will not be let out over the bank holiday, and other dates in which we were interested are now taken so I feel we no longer have a choice.
I would like to personally apologise for any disappointment and reassure attendees that we will do our best to resolve the resource issues ready for a return of Starfest in 2018.

Mark
53N 1W

Pair of binos and a beer

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: Dalby Forest Star Fest 2017
« Reply #1 on: 09:35:36, 20 February, 2017 »
That's a shame.  Have to say it's really hard keeping the motivation going when weeks / months pass with no clear skies.

Interestingly I got a message from James Peel a few weeks ago saying he was looking at starting up Peak Star Party again in 2018... some good weather would certainly help star party organisers cause.

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

ukbuysellUKAI on FacebookSharpSkyblankSponsorship Opportunity