Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Astromart - my experience  (Read 19929 times)

Offline coxellis

• The Regulars
  • Galactic Poster
  • Rowlands Gill.
    • Coxellis Astroimaging
Re: Astromart - my experience
« Reply #15 on: 18:26:45, 01 October, 2007 »
Well from what I've heard, Herb seems to be getting worse and worse.  Maybe in a few years he'll get around to banning everyone and that'll be an end to that.
Obs: EQ6 SkyScan; Field: EQ5 SynScan
Scopes: MN76 : Equinox 80
Cams: ART285 : BWSC1 : 1000D : 450D

>coxellis.net<
>astronomiser<

Offline dciobota

• Daniel
  • Galactic Poster
« Reply #16 on: 18:30:45, 01 October, 2007 »
  Or, reside in a nice white room with a bottle of prozac and nice white uniformed male attendands to give him sponge baths.  :D

PLEASE REMOVE ME

Offline Stuart

• Poster God
« Reply #17 on: 20:27:35, 01 October, 2007 »
I do remember a lot of bad press for that site when he was banning people for being in the UK if I remember rightly, mostly on the uk astro ads site. Heigh ho as they say, being rude to your customers and ignorant to boot, ideal public sector worker.

Offline egdavies

• Galactic Poster
  • Necessity is the mother of all inventions
« Reply #18 on: 20:38:56, 01 October, 2007 »
  Or, reside in a nice white room with a bottle of prozac and nice white uniformed male attendands to give him sponge baths.  :D

:lol: :lol:

Eddie
MK1 Eyeball

Offline dciobota

• Daniel
  • Galactic Poster
« Reply #19 on: 20:59:58, 01 October, 2007 »
  Lol Eddie, nice one.  :)

Stu, I think you found Herb the ideal career.  :lol:

PLEASE REMOVE ME

Offline dciobota

• Daniel
  • Galactic Poster
« Reply #20 on: 21:06:27, 01 October, 2007 »
  Btw, I read some of the posts in the astromart-uncensored group and it's amazing to what lengths he will go to ban people or squeeze money out of them.  Just boggles the mind, I tell you.  Also, I find it interesting that he didn't own or run astromart originally, and also that his own son stopped defending him (or working for him) eventually.  That's pretty telling to me.

Well, posted my story on there too, and it seems he may still have access to that group (he was banned at one time).  I hope so, and I hope he reads it and posts a reply... ought to be fun!  ;)

PLEASE REMOVE ME

Offline janmclare

• The Regulars
  • Galactic Poster
    • Jan's Astrophotography
« Reply #21 on: 23:44:50, 01 October, 2007 »

Add me to the list too, approx 2 years ago banned because Herb decided my ISP (btinternet) was no longer acceptable. No explaination given
just banned. After my polite email, got a response not to disimilar to Daniels after which my emails no longer got answered.

If i knew that site was run in such a manner i would not have registered in the first place.

Thankfully here in the UK we have alternative buy and  sell sites but our neighbours over the pond may not be so lucky.

Jan
  • AP 130 EDF, Televue Bizzaro 85, Borg 60ED

Offline cybermystic

• Poster God
« Reply #22 on: 11:21:07, 02 October, 2007 »
Deja vu all over again.  I've never had anything to do with this shower - but have seen stories exactly the same as yours Daniel over the past couple of years.  What can one say?  Looks like too much substance abuse at an early age to me.
Greg

Offline dciobota

• Daniel
  • Galactic Poster
« Reply #23 on: 14:47:13, 02 October, 2007 »
  Well, looks like I'm in good company then, being a renegade and all.  :)

Still haven't posted the story anywhere else but the astromart-uncensored board, but may do it on CN after all.  Sadly, the many members who still frequent astromart will most likely not see any of this until it's too late for them.  :(

PLEASE REMOVE ME

Offline beekeg

• Galactic Poster
  • The Sun is a mass of incandescent gas
    • Cosmicshed
« Reply #24 on: 15:57:50, 02 October, 2007 »
Thanks for the heads up Dan.  I still have an account :ninja:, but I think I'll be closing it soon.  It's a shame as the users on there are good to do business with, it just the admin side of things that spoils the experience :(

Greg
Borg 60ED, TMB 105, TMB 152, QHY5, YR Trifid 6303E, FLI CFW2/7, Aim Controls EQ1 Mount and loads of stuff to connect them all together.

Offline Astrogeordie

• The Regulars
  • Poster God
« Reply #25 on: 16:13:29, 02 October, 2007 »
Hi all,

thanks for this warning, so we know where better not to register. Life is hard enough, and we do astronomy to relax and not to be bullied at.

As haven taken Prozac myself, I have to correct that this would not help this chap as it is designed to inhibit the re-uptake of Serotonine, making him even more lively. I think Valerian would help more, and Valium even better (but he should consult the doctor at first).  :-\

Clear skies,

Juergen

My scopes: 30 year old Tasco 60/700 on 10K mount and a few others ...

If you have no friends, just buy a lathe and things will change.

Offline dciobota

• Daniel
  • Galactic Poster
« Reply #26 on: 18:01:31, 02 October, 2007 »
  Yep Greg, the community on there has been great overall (except the forums for some reason, didn't get much of a welcome tbh).  That's the only reason I think most still hang on in there.  I really wish places like CN or Astroclassifieds would woo enough of them away and create the same atmosphere away from that man's influence.

Jurgen, I stand corrected my man, I know zilch about medicines.  Valium would probably do nicely though.  :D

PLEASE REMOVE ME

Offline egdavies

• Galactic Poster
  • Necessity is the mother of all inventions
« Reply #27 on: 18:06:19, 02 October, 2007 »
Valium would probably do nicely though.  :D

That or a horse tranquiliser!

Eddie
MK1 Eyeball

Offline Moultie

• Astro Shots
« Reply #28 on: 18:08:52, 02 October, 2007 »
Daniel,
           Looks to me as if you should take Astromart to the cleaners mate. It would serve him right for the abuse. Privacy laws are there for a reason and this guy has been blatantly exploiting people that's for sure. From the manner and content of his replies. What you actually are guilty of here is finding him out , and guess what he didn't like it. must have felt threatened that you would blow the gaff on him I recon.

Dave

Offline Kellys_eye

• -----------------------
  • Poster God
« Reply #29 on: 20:20:22, 02 October, 2007 »
Especially if conducted in US courts!!!!
Dave Gill

250/f4.5 newt, 150/f5 refractor, Mak 127, lots of bits'n'pieces mostly homebrewed.

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook