Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
UKAI is moving to Facebook

Author Topic: EC90 - poor images???  (Read 707 times)

Offline Merlin66

• Poster God
  • Designed to Perfection
EC90 - poor images???
« on: 07:55:21, 31 July, 2008 »
Finally got my PST to SCT thread adaptor back, re-assembled the 90mm El Cheapo and set up with the BF10.
Focussing was easier, with about 10mm "spare" movement in the Revelation, but....
unable to get any surface detail; I know there's not much happening at the moment a pretty bland sun and no proms. Tried as I might, I couldn't get any granulation to show (!!!??) When I went to the SM40/ BF10 combo on the ED80 I could easy see surface granulation and a small dark spot- so there WAS something which should have shown up.

I'll check the alignment of the objective etc, see if I moved something during the re-build.... disappointing
C11, C9.25 SCT, 4" Genesis, NEQ6pro, modded 1000D,  ATik314L+, DMK41AF04, SM60DS/BF15, and Spectroscopes (many!).
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astronomical_spectroscopy/
"Astronomical Spectroscopy for Amateurs", "Grating Spectroscopes-How to Use them" -Springer

Offline Merlin66

• Poster God
  • Designed to Perfection
Re: EC90 - poor images???
« Reply #1 on: 15:34:01, 02 August, 2008 »
Found a couple of issues-
The alignment of the focusser to the mechanical axis of the tube was out...
and when I used a Cheshire collimating eyepiece I could see the objective was also tilted....
Sometimes easier for these types of convertions to use a "normal" scope!!!
Hopefully get to the re-collimation tomorrow.
C11, C9.25 SCT, 4" Genesis, NEQ6pro, modded 1000D,  ATik314L+, DMK41AF04, SM60DS/BF15, and Spectroscopes (many!).
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astronomical_spectroscopy/
"Astronomical Spectroscopy for Amateurs", "Grating Spectroscopes-How to Use them" -Springer

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook
TinyPortal © 2005-2012