Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: PST mods  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Merlin66

• Poster God
  • Designed to Perfection
PST mods
« on: 21:27:56, 19 May, 2010 »
I've done quite a few mods so far but haven't sat down and documented the methods and work flow.
I'm now doing another Stage 1 ( retain the black box) and Stage 2 ( dump the black box) and will fully document and take photos of each and every step.
Hopefully this will become "Astro Babes" equivalent for the amateurs who want to consider modding their PST.
If you have any specific questions/ concerns let me know and I'll make sure they are covered/ addressed in the write up.

Ken
( this one will be based on a plastic Meade 90mm, 800fl donor OTA! - stopped down to 80mm - makes a change from the usual Vixen.)
C11, C9.25 SCT, 4" Genesis, NEQ6pro, modded 1000D,  ATik314L+, DMK41AF04, SM60DS/BF15, and Spectroscopes (many!).
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astronomical_spectroscopy/
"Astronomical Spectroscopy for Amateurs", "Grating Spectroscopes-How to Use them" -Springer

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: PST mods
« Reply #1 on: 08:51:09, 20 May, 2010 »
Sounds good Ken ! 

I was going/will do the same thing for my SW 90mm f/10 mod that I'm about to do (focuser and ERF are on order) so would be good to compare notes or even combine into a single document ?!

S.

Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline dm-mas

• Poster God
  • Only dead fish go with the flow.
    • MAS Website - my pics at the link
Re: PST mods
« Reply #2 on: 09:59:02, 07 June, 2010 »
Good stuff guys. :)
I'm toying around with the idea of getting a cheap(ish) PST to mod - when funds allow (which may be a while due to the impending arrival of junior #2)
The results I've seen from some of the modded scopes are really quite impressive.

David.
EQ6 pro & home made pier, with various combinations of the following... 8" & 12" LX200 OTA's, Orion ED80, TS65 quadruplet & Meade AR6 150mm refractors,Orion optics 6" F4 & GSO 8" F4 newts, Coronado Maxscope 60, DMK21 & 41, QHY8, modded 350D, Atik 314L. And not enough space to keep it all in!!!

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook