Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: Time = Antimatter  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Ammoclip

Time = Antimatter
« on: 04:57:17, 05 September, 2010 »
TIME = ANTIMATTER

I believe we look at time improperly. I don't believe it to be in a relationship as described in our current views of time,space, and matter. I don't think it's a dimension that gives form to space and matter.

In a weird way, I think of time as super thin and flat. Time resists folding on itself or piling up. It's properties keep it as a thinning layer, constantly moving and spreading out evenly from it's point of origin(big bang).

Time is the antimatter produced from the big bang. It is so evenly spread out, and still spreading that as it runs against matter it ultraslowly dissolves it's existence.

The energy produced as it dissolves matter is gravity. In comparison to something with mass, time is sooo miniature. I think time is spread so thin and evenly, it's effect on matter isn't instant or measurably significant (except with the production of gravity).

In places of the universe where there is a larger absence of matter, time's properties are more ascertainable as they aren't being diluted and are "thicker" kind of forming an anti-mass.

I believe the force of time is what is speeding up the galaxies, not dark matter.

Mathematically, I am still working on producing a formula to support this theory.  I realize many will find this hysterical and impossible.

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: Time = Antimatter
« Reply #1 on: 12:03:38, 05 September, 2010 »
TIME = ANTIMATTERI realize many will find this hysterical and impossible.

Certainly not hysterical or impossible but IMHO rather improbable !

If I'm understanding what you are saying it seems to me that it would contradict not only a number of well established Newtonian laws (specifically the creation/destruction of matter) but more importantly Einsteins laws of relativity (both special and general). It also sounds quite similar to String Theory with a string being "something" that is incredibly flat (the Planck length)....

Good luck....
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline Ammoclip

« Reply #2 on: 16:28:23, 05 September, 2010 »
Certainly not hysterical or impossible but IMHO rather improbable !

If I'm understanding what you are saying it seems to me that it would contradict not only a number of well established Newtonian laws (specifically the creation/destruction of matter) but more importantly Einsteins laws of relativity (both special and general). It also sounds quite similar to String Theory with a string being "something" that is incredibly flat (the Planck length)....

Well this is a few of many problems for sure!  And I don't think Einstein's laws of relativity are wrong.  Mainly, I was trying to grasp the relationship of antimatter to matter when I had a passing thought about replacing antimatter with time. I think the opposing force of matter would be the opposite in properties. Matter/energy can't be created or destroyed.  Isn't the big bang theory in essence contradicting this?

With so much matter in the universe, I personally think it's silly to imagine that antimatter just disappeared or is hidden. I think antimatter is all around us. Time enables the universe to have changes in matter/energy. Maybe time itself is slowly degrading matter/energy. The degradation is almost undetectable. Maybe, for example, one photon can be 100,000 times the strength of flowing time. In 100,000 years, time causes this one photon to cease it's existence in our universe. Assuming that time effects matter in this way, a byproduct of the degradation of matter could be gravitational force.

Offline Ian Straton

• Poster God
    • Stoneage Observatory blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:28:39, 07 September, 2010 »
Matter/energy can't be created or destroyed.  Isn't the big bang theory in essence contradicting this?
No it isn't.  Matter and energy are interchangable following Einstein's relativity equations, what the big bang did was convert an awful lot of energy and no matter into quite a lot of energy and a fair bit of matter, the overall amount of energy did not change following the big bang. 

With so much matter in the universe, I personally think it's silly to imagine that antimatter just disappeared or is hidden. I think antimatter is all around us. Time enables the universe to have changes in matter/energy. Maybe time itself is slowly degrading matter/energy. The degradation is almost undetectable. Maybe, for example, one photon can be 100,000 times the strength of flowing time. In 100,000 years, time causes this one photon to cease it's existence in our universe. Assuming that time effects matter in this way, a byproduct of the degradation of matter could be gravitational force.

hmmm, first thing is that when matter and antimatter anihilate they do not change the overall amount of energy in the universe its just that all the mass in both particles is converted into energy (which is essentially lots of photons), energy/mass conservation laws are still in effect during such anihilations.   If we take that knowledge and look again at your paragraph we see that time does not in fact enable the universe to have changes in matter/energy it only allows mater and energy to convert between each other.   The other thing to take away from this is that antimatter is not hidden, nor did it disappear, it anihilated into photons which then interacted with other particles, these interactions are slightly biased towards producing what we call matter, they could just as easilly be biased towards antimatter, it's just that in such a universe we would call "antimatter" matter... there is no real difference between the two except for electrical charge.

And a quick thought about photons: Photons and anti photons are the same particle, they have no mass or charge, the cosequence of this is that there is no way of removing photons from the universe,  they can interact with other particles imparting energy to particals with mass, however this increase in energy is eventually given up again by emitting a photon with the same energy.

I can strongly recommend reading Brian Cox's recent book "Why Does E=mc2?: (and Why Should We Care?)"  It is an entertaining read and covers just about all of the ground you are thinking about in this post

Oh and welcome to the mind bending world of particle physics!  and do remember that the only silly question is the one you didn't ask!

Offline MrYannah

« Reply #4 on: 19:33:09, 09 September, 2010 »
hi, i always thought Time was a manmade construct, so fail to see how it is an actual force

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
« Reply #5 on: 23:05:26, 09 September, 2010 »
Afraid not MrYannah - time is a very real dimension and no more man made than hight, depth and width.  How we measure them however is manmade.

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline MrYannah

« Reply #6 on: 11:28:51, 11 September, 2010 »
so is time considered to be a force?

Offline Ian Straton

• Poster God
« Reply #7 on: 11:36:33, 13 September, 2010 »
no, time is a dimension it forms part of the "space" in which forces and particles interact.

the easiest way to recognise it is to think about how we identify a meeting place:
at the junction of street a (length) with street b (width) on the top floor of the pub (height) at 7pm (time)

If you get any of those items wrong we won't meet but none of them have exerted any force on you they simply provide a reference framework for things to happen in.

Offline MrYannah

« Reply #8 on: 09:12:57, 14 September, 2010 »
good example, lol

Offline Ian Taylor

• https://chesterastroblog.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: 17:39:56, 16 September, 2010 »
Everything in the Universe travels at the speed of light.
Photons travel at the speed of light through space but do not travel through time at all (think about it - time slows down as the speed of an object gets closer to the speed of light, so actually at the speed of light time has stopped !)
People (i.e. us) don't travel through space very fast, but travel quickly through time.
Ian Taylor
Chester, UK
Orion Optics DX 300 f/4 + Skywatcher 80ED refractor + William Optics Megrez 102 mm f/7 refractor on Losmandy G11 mount + Atik 16ic-s + unmodified Canon EOS 7D
https://chesterastroblog.wordpress.com

Offline MrYannah

« Reply #10 on: 00:14:44, 17 September, 2010 »
hi, if i ever get the time i would really like to read up on this, as i cant quite get my head around the concept of time being a dimension, like length, width and height. Pehaps i am thinking its quite a difficult concept to understand and am looking for it to be difficult to understand. Is what you are describing Quantum theory?

Offline Ian Straton

• Poster God
« Reply #11 on: 14:09:03, 20 September, 2010 »
Mostly what we are describing is relativity.  It was Einsteins theories of relativity that introduced "space-time" within the four dimensions of space-time all objects have a motion of "C" how that motion is percieved is "relative" to the observer.

Instad of trying to think in four dimensions consider a graph with two axes, one for space (all three dimensions on one axis) and one axis for time.  In a space-time framework objects with no mass move through "space" at "C" and are stationary in time thus travelling perfectly along the space axis at "C" miles per hour as observed by any thing else.  Objects with mass move in relation to both space and time but the total displacement on our graph (as shown by the area between the curve and the axes) will always be "C": the greater their rate of movement in space the less movement in time and vice versa, this gives a graph with an asymptotic approach to each axis ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymptote ) the shape of this graph neatly constrains many observable phenomena and allows us to make predictions about things like causality

Brian Cox's book which I mentioned earlier is a fantastic place to start, he does a great job of making this stuff understandable!

Offline MrYannah

« Reply #12 on: 22:35:15, 04 October, 2010 »
hi, well i bought the book and am about to start chapter 5, Why does e=mc2. Wish me luck.

Offline Ian Straton

• Poster God
« Reply #13 on: 11:53:47, 11 October, 2010 »
Good Luck!  But I'm sure you won't need it.. :thumbup:

Offline Scotty H

« Reply #14 on: 02:09:05, 26 February, 2011 »
hi, i always thought Time was a manmade construct, so fail to see how it is an actual force
Its an observation made by mankind, nothing more , nothing less. A name given to!!
Mounts: 10 Micron GM1000HPS, Celestron CGEM
Scopes: Boren-Simon 8"CF Powernewt, Meade 5000 80mm Apo, Meade 8" ACF SCT
Cameras/Filters: SBIG STF8300, SX CFW7 LRGB, Ha, SII, OIII, Canon 1100Da, Astronomik Ha, Cls, QHY5
Processing: Pixinsight, PS CS6, DSS,
Capture: APT especially now it runs SBIG cameras, BYEOS

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook