Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Misaligned moons  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Ryan

Misaligned moons
« on: 21:23:59, 09 September, 2010 »
This is my first decent Jupiter...

I`m chuffed to bits with it but I`m unable to line those moons up. I had someone explain how to do it which I have been able to do, sort of....
I`ve put alignment boxes around each moon, created another layer and lined them up. Unfortunatly once they`re aligned I`m left with two problems which I`d like help with. They still look too bright and too colourful and I can`t erase the L shaped white bits I`m left with after moving the seperate layers together. Apparently I just need to use the eraser but I`m buggered if I can find an eraser! I`m using Photoshop CS2. I`ve mucked about with the tool presets at some point and I think that may be hiding the eraser from me maybe.... Can anyone help with that lot ? Thanks, Ryan....   :thumbup:

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: Misaligned moons
« Reply #1 on: 22:54:42, 09 September, 2010 »
Ryan - there's no need to create another layer to align the channels around the moons.... put a selection box around each moon, that go to the channels tab and select the colour you want to realign (making sure you can still see all the other channels (the eye in the little box on the left)).  Now (after making sure the Move tool is selected - the arrow with a four arrow cross next to it) just move the channel using the arrow keys till the channel is aligned.

In your image only the red channel needed realigning....

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: 23:45:25, 09 September, 2010 »
Thanks Simon :) Just looking at that now. How does the colour in that image look to you? I`m playing about with it trying to get it looking closer to the images I see on the forum without much luck. I suppose I just need to get the best out of what I`ve actually captured but I can`t help but think the colour should be a little better. What do you think?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: 01:00:58, 10 September, 2010 »
Finally!!!  I`ve figured out why I can`t find the eraser. I thought this might be the case, I`d managed to hide the whole tool selection from view, no wonder I couldn`t find the bugger. I reset the tools window to default and hey presto! An absolutel load of options available to me. Spot healing brushes, an eraser and cloning tool which is looking like the way to go :) So that leaves just one issue really, don`t you think those moons look too bright and colourful even after aligning? I`m not expecting miracles or anything but they look very synthetic in thier colouring still.....

Offline Roger B

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • Capricorn1 observatory
« Reply #4 on: 13:13:52, 14 September, 2010 »
Thanks Simon :)  I suppose I just need to get the best out of what I`ve actually captured but I can`t help but think the colour should be a little better. What do you think?

That's all you can do with the given data,    To me Jupiter looks a little dark.

Roger   
Scopes - TS65q, W/O 110 Triplet
Mount - EQ6 PRO via  Eqmod,  Rowan belt modded
Cameras - SX694, QSI583WSG,Lodestar Guidecam, GP-Cam, QHY5II.
TS 9mm OAG
Quantum 7x1.25 EFW, Baader LRGB,Ha,OIII,SII Filters 
Quark chromo

SGPro, Pixinsight.

************AND NO TIME TO USE IT************

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook