Username:

Password:

UKAI is moving to Facebook

Author Topic: Artemis 11002  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Horwig

Artemis 11002
« on: 08:58:49, 18 April, 2011 »
Just seen an used Artemis 11002 for sale. Is it a good used buy? I've read reports of lack of temperature regulation, any truth to them? Anything else to look out for?

Any input welcome

Huw
Loads of kit, and loads more clouds

Offline mkp

• Poster God
    • malcolm park / images
Re: Artemis 11002
« Reply #1 on: 17:07:47, 12 May, 2011 »
Sorry Huw, I’ve just come across this question, so realise the camera you are talking about may have gone.

I acquired an Art11002 about two years ago (swapped it with an SXV M25C - I image from light polluted London so reckoned that narrowband is the way to go for me). I don’t regret it. Initially the Art 11002 was coupled to a Tak 180 astrograph which I’ve since sold so it’s now almost permanently on a Tak FSQ with a 2" narrowband filter wheel. Results from the Art are magnificent, in fact it easily outperforms all my other cameras on astro work (my second favourite camera is the SkyNyx). I’ve had no problems with temperature control via Maxim, which is the only capture software I use. Unlike  my other cameras the Art 11002 seems to require a power hub attached to my laptop for capture, however that’s a small detail. Due to the enormous field of view of the files it’s essential to take proper darks, bias and flats to really get the best out of the light frames (took me a while to perfect the flats but I now have them down to a fine art using my computer screen). All in all, a wonderful camera when paired with the right telescope.

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook