Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Geminids putting on a good show....  (Read 3379 times)

Offline paul23

Geminids putting on a good show....
« on: 01:26:31, 13 December, 2011 »
I have the radio monitoring the geminids at the moment. They are putting on a great show well over 100 per hour and not even the forcast peak yet. Seems a few fire balls thrown in also. Here is one of my screen shots. I will try and sort a few sample pings out for you tomorrow.
Shame we can not see anything...lol

Paul....
Tmb80, 80ed, Borg45EDII with super reducer, Modified 20D, Atik 314,, Atik 16ic, Atik usb Filter Wheel,Mintron, G11, M3 Mounting System.

Offline PaulB

• Galactic Poster
  • Canis Major
    • Paul's Astronomy Pages
Re: Geminids putting on a good show....
« Reply #1 on: 06:24:47, 13 December, 2011 »
As it's going to be cloudy.

Is their any chance you can run a live feed over the coming week?
Paul.
"Whirlpool Observatory"
Losmandy G11-Gemini L4.
Celestron C9.25.
Megrez 80 ED II Triplet.
Orion OMC 140
Altair 115ED F7
Coronado PST
Atik 428EX
Atik EFW 2
QHY5L-II.
Modded Canon 1000D.
IOptron Mini Tower II
CCD Images
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulabrierley/

Offline paul23

« Reply #2 on: 09:57:16, 13 December, 2011 »
Sorry paul i have this set up at the local club at the moment. No internet there. I will consider this for the next shower if people are inerested.
In the mean time you can listen to the americans doing something very similar and this is almost live just follow the meteor radar link here http://spaceweather.com/

Paul.....
Tmb80, 80ed, Borg45EDII with super reducer, Modified 20D, Atik 314,, Atik 16ic, Atik usb Filter Wheel,Mintron, G11, M3 Mounting System.

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
« Reply #3 on: 12:11:14, 13 December, 2011 »
Cracking stuff Paul.... I thought the maximum was meant to be around 40 per hour but maybe that's the night time max.

Yes please for a live feed !!! 

I really need to get into the radio side of observing as I'm sure I'll "see" a lot more than I do visually (it's snowing here at the moment !).

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline paul23

« Reply #4 on: 13:34:59, 13 December, 2011 »
I have had a few confirmed fireball sighting by astronomers in the USA so the data is looking pretty good. Will pop up to the club later and download the lastest. I will put a live update on my twitter account (Not good at using it though) Look_ing_up is the name of it. Will beable to let you know how busy it is. The weather looks like it may give us a glimpse so will probably set the mintron up for a few live captures also...

Paul.....

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook