Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Photoshop question  (Read 1663 times)

Offline cugsy

• Poster God
  • www.wetshedastronomy.dum
Photoshop question
« on: 20:17:06, 10 June, 2012 »
Not sure if this is the right place so move it if needed.  Anyhoo, my xp laptop was quite happy opening jpegs in windows  photoviewer until a few weeks ago when I added some Nikon Jpeg/nef piccies. Now it seems to want to open every photo with PS and this takes soddin' ages.  I can't find a way to get it to open the jpegs with windows other than deleting PS and then reloading it. Any ideas? 
Woe unto him ..or her..who tries to guide the LX90. Let him..or her..rejoice in a lightweight scope upon the mighty EQ6. Mind you,I'd sooner be looking through my 6"f8 while the clouds look down the 8"f4 Le marchant configuration. And there should be a constellation called 'Camelot' and I would worship it in the anticipation of a big lottery win. Maybe I'll move to the Isle of Man..damn these drug

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: Photoshop question
« Reply #1 on: 20:29:21, 10 June, 2012 »
John - did you install any software at the same time as it sounds like file association for .jpeg has been changed.  You can change it back again by changing the association in properties if you right click on any .jpeg !

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline cugsy

• Poster God
« Reply #2 on: 20:52:23, 10 June, 2012 »
Don't know about the first bit Simon but I can change the software to open the file by right clicking individually - I want them all.. :duh:
Woe unto him ..or her..who tries to guide the LX90. Let him..or her..rejoice in a lightweight scope upon the mighty EQ6. Mind you,I'd sooner be looking through my 6"f8 while the clouds look down the 8"f4 Le marchant configuration. And there should be a constellation called 'Camelot' and I would worship it in the anticipation of a big lottery win. Maybe I'll move to the Isle of Man..damn these drug

Offline Roger B

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • Capricorn1 observatory
« Reply #3 on: 21:20:47, 10 June, 2012 »
John there should be a box to tick saying something like always use the selected program for this type of file,,,,    or something like that

Roger
Scopes - TS65q, W/O 110 Triplet
Mount - EQ6 PRO via  Eqmod,  Rowan belt modded
Cameras - SX694, QSI583WSG,Lodestar Guidecam, GP-Cam, QHY5II.
TS 9mm OAG
Quantum 7x1.25 EFW, Baader LRGB,Ha,OIII,SII Filters 
Quark chromo

SGPro, Pixinsight.

************AND NO TIME TO USE IT************

Offline cugsy

• Poster God
« Reply #4 on: 21:22:13, 10 June, 2012 »
I looked but ....nope..I'll have a play.

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
« Reply #5 on: 22:27:40, 10 June, 2012 »
Exactly as Rog says John... it's there for sure !

You may find it greyed out but it should become active when you select a different package.

If you're still having problems then the only way is a registry change !
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Online chris.bailey

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
  • If at last you do succeed, don't try again
    • Rosemount Observatory
« Reply #6 on: 08:20:44, 11 June, 2012 »
Right click on a picture file. Choose Open With and then Choose Default Program from the bottom of the drop downs. A lot of stuff makes itself the default program which is ruddy annoying!
LX200|ZS70|FSQ85|FLT110|Altair DF250RC|EQ6 Pro(Rowan Belt Mod)|ParamountMX
ATIK383L+/EFW2/OAG|Lodestar|Baader 36mm LRGBHaSIIOIII
Starlight Express SXVRH16/ONAG/FW|Lodestar X2|Baader 2" Filters
Starlight Express SXVRH814/ONAG/FW|LodestarX2|Baader 2" Filters
Lunt LS60PTBF1200|DMK41|Quark Chromo
Samyang 135mm f1.8

Offline Dogman

• UKAI Moderator
  • Galactic Poster
  • Near Gloucester
    • http://www.dmiller.demon.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 12:50:35, 11 June, 2012 »
You can use the assoc command to change the application used to open files with a certain extension.  See this link...http://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/assocftype.htm
Dunc

Meade LX200 12" Classic, ED80 Pro, PST Ha and PST CaK
Artemis 285 + TrueTech Filter Wheel + Astronomik Filters
MX7C + STAR 2000, Toucam(s)
http://www.dmiller.demon.co.uk/astronomy.htm
MPC Obs Code J68

Offline cugsy

• Poster God
« Reply #8 on: 21:03:07, 11 June, 2012 »
Aaaaahhhh.. sussed it. There were some pictures that had 'psd' and the photoshop logo on them and these were slowing down the whole laptop when I opened my pictures. Right clicking the 'psd' and opening properties lets you see a header fr photoshop. Theres a tick box for 'make photoshop thumbnail'. Untick that and all is hunky dory.. phew. Don't really know how it happened unless I've looked at those pictures in PS and they've thumbnailed themselves. Quien sabe'?  John

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook