Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Maxscope 60 / TV pronto hybrid?  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: Maxscope 60 / TV pronto hybrid?
« Reply #15 on: 17:19:08, 25 June, 2012 »
That's good news David...look forward to seeing first lights.

It's good to hear there are some proms up there as the disk is a little spotless.  Not good conditions here either so haven't bothered setting up.

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline dm-mas

• Poster God
  • Only dead fish go with the flow.
    • MAS Website - my pics at the link
« Reply #16 on: 13:54:36, 26 June, 2012 »
I managed to grab one image of the sun this morning. There was a big clear blue patch coming over when I started, that looked like it should be big enough to get my comparison images between the Maxscope & the ProntoMax, but it closed in before I had a chance to get the Maxscope image taken.  >:( Then it was all downhill from there.
Anyhow, here's the image that I did get...
http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55954.0

As you'll see from the image (full frame - uncropped) the Sun now only just fits on the DMK41 chip. I'll put together a side by side comparison image later to show the difference in scale. Now I'm just waiting for the opportunity to get it 'barlowed up' to see how much better the Pronto is.  :D

David.
EQ6 pro & home made pier, with various combinations of the following... 8" & 12" LX200 OTA's, Orion ED80, TS65 quadruplet & Meade AR6 150mm refractors,Orion optics 6" F4 & GSO 8" F4 newts, Coronado Maxscope 60, DMK21 & 41, QHY8, modded 350D, Atik 314L. And not enough space to keep it all in!!!

Offline dm-mas

• Poster God
« Reply #17 on: 18:44:20, 26 June, 2012 »
Here's the image size comparison....
EQ6 pro & home made pier, with various combinations of the following... 8" & 12" LX200 OTA's, Orion ED80, TS65 quadruplet & Meade AR6 150mm refractors,Orion optics 6" F4 & GSO 8" F4 newts, Coronado Maxscope 60, DMK21 & 41, QHY8, modded 350D, Atik 314L. And not enough space to keep it all in!!!

Offline dm-mas

• Poster God
« Reply #18 on: 15:31:47, 01 July, 2012 »
OK - the weather finally co-operated (just) & I've got the side by side comparison images done.

First is a full disk image with proms taken with the Maxscope.
Second is the same, taken with the Prontomax
The last one is a side by side crop of the same section of each image at 100%

As expected there is little difference in quality between the two - it is still a 60mm scope in both guises after all. However the focusser on the Pronto is a huge improvement over the Coronado.
It works fine with a 2.5x powermate, but I need to borrow a 5x to see if it will work with that, as the Maxscope was unusable at 5x due to interference / Newtons rings.

David.

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
« Reply #19 on: 21:57:24, 01 July, 2012 »
Great comparison David. 

I'd actually say there is a fair bit of difference and certainly enough to not go back to the Maxscope setup !!

Nice bit of movement in the big prom too... I wish I had a few hours of clear skies to image anything at the moment.

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook