Username:

Password:

UKAI is moving to Facebook

Author Topic: bright meteor this morning  (Read 1133 times)

Offline cugsy

• Poster God
  • www.wetshedastronomy.dum
bright meteor this morning
« on: 17:33:42, 14 November, 2013 »
Yep, you see the best things when you aren't prepared ..Getting ready for me trip to 't coalmine at 5.30 this morning and it was startlingly clear. Just as a very bright meteor appeared - I'm estimating -3 to -4 short train and slow,almost fireball like but not very big. It did look like it broke up. This was between Beta Auriga and Gamma Gemini. Any other poor sod up that early?  To cap it all, there was another fairly bright but faster (and heading in the other direction) meteor passing south of Orion.  Sporadics eh?   John

Woe unto him ..or her..who tries to guide the LX90. Let him..or her..rejoice in a lightweight scope upon the mighty EQ6. Mind you,I'd sooner be looking through my 6"f8 while the clouds look down the 8"f4 Le marchant configuration. And there should be a constellation called 'Camelot' and I would worship it in the anticipation of a big lottery win. Maybe I'll move to the Isle of Man..damn these drug

Offline swashy

• UKAI GFX Guru
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
Re: bright meteor this morning
« Reply #1 on: 22:17:10, 14 November, 2013 »
They are always a treat, but especially when you've dragged yer ass out at that time o' the morning!  :sleepy:
Ade

Imagine...  above us only sky!

Offline dciobota

• Daniel
  • Galactic Poster
« Reply #2 on: 04:17:41, 15 November, 2013 »
 I didn't see nuffin, I was out at lunch.  ;-)

You lucky dog.
PLEASE REMOVE ME

Offline cugsy

• Poster God
  • www.wetshedastronomy.dum
« Reply #3 on: 05:24:44, 15 November, 2013 »
Lazy colonials :whistle:
Woe unto him ..or her..who tries to guide the LX90. Let him..or her..rejoice in a lightweight scope upon the mighty EQ6. Mind you,I'd sooner be looking through my 6"f8 while the clouds look down the 8"f4 Le marchant configuration. And there should be a constellation called 'Camelot' and I would worship it in the anticipation of a big lottery win. Maybe I'll move to the Isle of Man..damn these drug

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook