Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: PST90 Stage 2 Modification Video  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: PST90 Stage 2 Modification Video
« Reply #30 on: 19:47:00, 17 July, 2016 »
I was actually thinking of putting the CaK Quark onto my AT111EDT which is f/7 and dual running.  I would clearly need to give up my job though as I'd never have time to process both Ha and CaK... it takes me long enough to get through the Ha images as it is.

Yes, that's right Nick, the PST etalon does ideally need F10 but I've seen it work on both less and more so should be fine with f/11.  The other thing that I've seen done is you can actually reasonably straight forwardly change the front and back barlow lenses in the etalon to suit the donor scope.

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline altairastro

• UKAI Sponsor
  • Keep looking up.
    • Altair Astro
Re: PST90 Stage 2 Modification Video
« Reply #31 on: 21:44:57, 17 July, 2016 »
Hi Simon, for an Ha Etalon, I don't think Barlows will work because they change focus positions (usually inwards focus) which makes sense as light rays striking the Etalon will need be as close to parallel as possible.  Telecentric lenses will be better to keep the light rays reasonably parallel. Even Telecentric lenses do not create a perfectly parallel system and the sun being quite large will show big ray angle.

Altair Astro
Retailers, manufacturers and distributors of fine astronomical equipment.

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook