Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Posts disappearing from the "Show unread posts since last visit"  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Uplooker

Hi All,
When I visit the forum I normally click "Show new posts since last visit"and for some time now I have found that once i have viewed a topic and hit the  "back" button to view the next "new post since last visit" i discover that the list that may have been 10 or 12 has reduced to about 2 or 3.
This seems to be why I miss  / do not reply to posts. Does anyone else notice this.
If it is of any note I use IE at work and Firefox at home and get similar results.

Ian
Ian

Scopes: SW 150P Newt, ST80, Celestron C8 XLT, TAL 100RS / PST Stage 2 Mod & BF10, SW 300PDS (soon to be on a Dob Mount)
Cameras: SPC900, QHY5, Canon 450D, DMK31AU03.AS
Mounts: NEQ6 powered by EQMod, EQ3-2

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Re: Posts disappearing from the "Show unread posts since last visit"
« Reply #1 on: 09:51:13, 01 October, 2014 »
Yeap, we're (painfully) aware of it Ian and I suffer from the same thing in that the cookie session doesn't seem to be working properly since we upgraded to the latest version of the software.... we've been looking into it for some time now but no obvious answer can be found as the forum software seems ok so it may be a cookie setting issue down at the user end which is a little more difficult to resolve.

One work around though is to use the "Show all unread posts" link which is under the Show Posts Since Last Visit.... this will give you a list of all the posts you haven't ever read.  Obviously the first time you do it you will have hundreds but if you click the "Mark all message as read" which is top right under the PSP banner it will clear the list out and you will start from fresh.

It will be interesting to know if others are having the same problem so if anyone else have noticed the same problem let us know so we can gauge the magnitude of the problem.

Cheers
S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline Carole

• Poster God
    • Carole Pope Astro-Imaging
« Reply #2 on: 10:30:24, 01 October, 2014 »
Different topic but to do with Forum problems.  I often find it difficult to go back and find a previous thread - would it be possible to have a button that shows "my posts". 

Thanks

Carole
Mount: NEQ6 (on pier), HEQ5 (for astrocamps),  Telescopes: SW ED120 Pro and SW Evostar ED80 pro, WO ZS71 APO, Cameras: Modified Canon EOS 450D, Atik 460EX, Atik314, DMK21, DBK, Dual rig options. Observatory: SkyPOD & PZT
https://sites.google.com/site/caroleastroimaging/home

Online chris.bailey

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
  • If at last you do succeed, don't try again
    • Rosemount Observatory
« Reply #3 on: 10:59:12, 01 October, 2014 »
Carole

You shoud be able to click on your name which will take you to your profile summary and then click on Show Posts.

Chris
LX200|ZS70|FSQ85|FLT110|Altair DF250RC|EQ6 Pro(Rowan Belt Mod)|ParamountMX
ATIK383L+/EFW2/OAG|Lodestar|Baader 36mm LRGBHaSIIOIII
Starlight Express SXVRH16/ONAG/FW|Lodestar X2|Baader 2" Filters
Starlight Express SXVRH814/ONAG/FW|LodestarX2|Baader 2" Filters
Lunt LS60PTBF1200|DMK41|Quark Chromo
Samyang 135mm f1.8

Offline koootzz

• Administrator
  • Poster God
« Reply #4 on: 16:19:05, 01 October, 2014 »
Alternatively, on the left hand side of the home screen is an option for 'Show Own Posts'.

Leigh
vixen 60s, modded 1000D, modded 300D, DSI I, 10" dob (work in progress), some other bits and a stupendous talent for attracting cloud!

Offline MikeDunn

« Reply #5 on: 20:06:16, 01 October, 2014 »
I find that the topic viewed disappears from the list when I go 'back' - thought it was a feature ?  Seeing as the topic is now "viewed" and not "new" ?

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook