Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
UKAI is moving to Facebook

Author Topic: Closing Altair Astro Yahoo Group and moving to Google  (Read 4074 times)

Offline altairastro

• UKAI Sponsor
  • Keep looking up.
    • Altair Astro
Closing Altair Astro Yahoo Group and moving to Google
« on: 20:52:31, 05 January, 2015 »
Hi All, just a quick head's up,

I've gotten fed up with our existing Yahoo Group - the system is difficult to manage and the interface isn't usable enough. We've also had problems with BT Internet email, which was linked to the group. Today I decided I'd had enough and we've just moved our user group to Google.

Here's a link to the new Google-based Altair user group:

Altair Astro User Group (Google)

You don't need a gmail account to join, you can use any email address.

If you have any specific questions about Altair products, we can hopefully help you there quicker.

We will of course still be here as always, and we have some new product announcements to make here soon, so watch this space!

Many thanks and here's wishing you all a wonderfully clear 2015!

Best, Nick
Altair Astro
Retailers, manufacturers and distributors of fine astronomical equipment.

Online afm038

Re: Closing Altair Astro Yahoo Group and moving to Google
« Reply #1 on: 22:56:57, 05 January, 2015 »
Nick,

With reference to the new product announcements will this include the new Kendrick Dew Controllers - Digifire 8 and 12 (replacing the 7 and 10) as detailed on the Kendrick site?

Thanks,
Andy

Offline altairastro

• UKAI Sponsor
  • Keep looking up.
    • Altair Astro
« Reply #2 on: 23:00:59, 05 January, 2015 »
Absolutely Andy - we are waiting for pricing and availability confirmation for these new products, as well as some new dew heaters.

Also, I have two new refractors coming up, which I think UKAI folks will like - a 72mm F6 ED and a 66mm F6 ED...

Might even have a new mount from iOptron appearing on the scene too - still waiting confirmation.
Altair Astro

Online afm038

« Reply #3 on: 23:07:41, 07 January, 2015 »
Nick,

That's good news, I'm looking now for a new Kendrick dew controller but will wait and see what is happening with the Digifire 8. Kendrick  have said this week that its going to be available in about 7 weeks across the pond but they could not quote on timing for the UK ?

Andy

Offline altairastro

• UKAI Sponsor
  • Keep looking up.
    • Altair Astro
« Reply #4 on: 09:51:50, 08 January, 2015 »
Hi Andy, at the moment we are waiting for Kendrick to confirm when the new Digifire 8 and Digifire 12 controllers are ready for our European distribution network. We have also got a big back-order of standard controllers at the moment (apologies to anyone waiting).

It sounds like the new controller features are going to will make them quite attractive, so I would advise hanging in there and seeing how it goes. If you need something desperately there are some cheaper units on the market, and this could be a good stop-gap for you.

Sorry I can't give more accurate info, I'm sure when they're ready they will ship them to us.

By the time we get them perhaps we'll have some useful feedback on the new product from North America, so I guess that could be considered helpful  ;)

We sometimes get delays when product lines are updated but I'm sure it's all for the best.

Best, Nick
Altair Astro

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook
TinyPortal © 2005-2012