Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: New Multi Purpose Clamp for Altair GPCAM  (Read 1799 times)

Offline altairastro

• UKAI Sponsor
  • Keep looking up.
    • Altair Astro
New Multi Purpose Clamp for Altair GPCAM
« on: 22:19:30, 20 December, 2015 »
Now you can attach your Altair GPCAM camera to just about anything, using the Multi Purpose GPCAM Clamp.

We should have these in soon - hopefully by the 22nd but if not we'll ship them in the new year. Just click on the "notify when in stock" button to get an email update when they're ready.
Altair Astro
Retailers, manufacturers and distributors of fine astronomical equipment.

Offline altairastro

• UKAI Sponsor
  • Keep looking up.
    • Altair Astro
Re: New Multi Purpose Clamp for Altair GPCAM
« Reply #1 on: 13:03:23, 28 December, 2015 »
The GPCAM clamps are now back from the anodizers so I've uploaded some images showing how to attach it to your scope or tripod. They will work with any 1.25" eyepiece format camera not just the GPCAM.

GPCAM mounted on a refractor

Hole pattern - this will work with any 1.25" eyepiece format camera!

With USB Cooler

Losmandy Clamp
Altair Astro

Offline Jonjames999

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:12:42, 16 August, 2016 »
monring, I've had a gpcam for several months now and been able to use it, only thing i can't get to use is the meter lens. Last night for example i point it at the moon and can focus in and out etc  but no matter how much focus i cannot seem to see any stars , I've tried adjusting gain, and exposure.
any ideas??
cheers
jon

Offline ChrisLX200

• Poster God
  • Macclesfield UK
« Reply #3 on: 13:05:11, 16 August, 2016 »
You're probably using a CS-Mount lens with the camera setup for C-Mount lenses. The difference between the two is that CS-Mount lenses need to be 5mm closer to the sensor than do C-Mount lenses. You should have a little adapter that says '5mm' on the side, that replaces the once that is currently screwed in to the camera body.

ChrisH
Chris Heapy - current: 10-Micron GM2000HPS-II U/P, G11/Gemini, TV NP127is, Altair 8" RC, TV Genesis SDF, TV Pronto, SW Equinox 80ED, 10" LX200, 12" f/5.4 Newt, Vixen 90mm.
Atik 490EX, Atik EFW, Baader LRGB filters, Astrodon 3nM NB filters, Lodestar, QHY5L-II all-sky, Canon 70D and 350D
Whirley Obs., MPC Code Z89

Offline altairastro

• UKAI Sponsor
  • Keep looking up.
    • Altair Astro
« Reply #4 on: 13:24:25, 16 August, 2016 »
Hi John, best thing is to join the Altair Google Tech Support Group and post a picture of the camera with lens so we can see what adapters you have set up.

Just as a guess, you might have the 5mm C-Mount adapter ring still on the camera.

Try removing the little black ring which says "5mm" between the front of the camera and the lens, then try re-attaching the lens.

Here's the new Altair GPCAM Quick Start Guide which shows how the various adapters work.
Altair Astro

Offline Jonjames999

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:27:14, 16 August, 2016 »
ah, god i cannot believe that! thank you both very much!, mine came with a dome like lens as well with cctv written on it and i thought that was the meteor lens, I've now put just the cs on the end and will attempt tonight.
thankyou. and ill join the group anyway.
cheers
jon

Offline Jonjames999

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:04:04, 16 August, 2016 »
ill join that altair bit in a mo, but I've just tried it and again absolutely nothing,I've attache the cctv lens again tried focusing it but cannot see any stars

Offline ChrisLX200

• Poster God
  • Macclesfield UK
« Reply #7 on: 22:34:15, 16 August, 2016 »
ill join that altair bit in a mo, but I've just tried it and again absolutely nothing,I've attache the cctv lens again tried focusing it but cannot see any stars

I'm a bit unsure exactly what configuration of parts camera/adapter/lens type you have - Please describe exactly or preferably post a photo.

ChrisH
Chris Heapy - current: 10-Micron GM2000HPS-II U/P, G11/Gemini, TV NP127is, Altair 8" RC, TV Genesis SDF, TV Pronto, SW Equinox 80ED, 10" LX200, 12" f/5.4 Newt, Vixen 90mm.
Atik 490EX, Atik EFW, Baader LRGB filters, Astrodon 3nM NB filters, Lodestar, QHY5L-II all-sky, Canon 70D and 350D
Whirley Obs., MPC Code Z89

Offline Jonjames999

• Starting Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:30:09, 17 August, 2016 »
sorry about this, I've attached a pic this time, I've tried focusing and everthing i can think off but cannot see any stars. it show the bright moon but nothing else. i use it as the pic shows i have taken off the 5 mm part and the longer part.
cheers
jon

Offline Bazzaar

• Poster God
« Reply #9 on: 09:04:52, 19 August, 2016 »
Hi, if you can focus the moon then you have the right adaptors and spacers fitted. The moon and stars focus at the same point. The only difference will then be setting gain and exposure. You will need exposure in the order of a few seconds and high gain setting, say 60-70%, to see stars. The moon will then be badly over exposed, there's no avoiding that though.
So, focus the moon with exposure set fast, 2-10 ms, and low gain, 20%.
To resolve stars, set exposure to 2 or 3 seconds and up the gain to 60 or 70%.
Once you see stars fine tune focus,exposure and gain.

Baz
Tal 200k, SW 200P, iOptron iEQ45 pro, HEQ5 pro, QHY5III174m, QHY5L II mono, Samsung SBC 2001, SharpSky focuser, Zwo ADC,  Celestron 15x70 bins,

Offline Jonjames999

• Starting Member
« Reply #10 on: 11:18:34, 19 August, 2016 »
Ah brilliant I'll give that a go. Thank-you.
Jon.

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook