Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: Auto guiding via EQASCOM  (Read 872 times)

Offline peterr

Auto guiding via EQASCOM
« on: 17:19:57, 27 February, 2016 »
Hi Folks,

I've managed source get hold of a second hand AZ-EQ6 to replace my troublesome CGEM and it came with an EQDIR cable thrown in so thought i would go this route.  With the CGEM I was auto guiding via the Lodestar X2 connected to the mount via ST4 cable and controlled by PHD. 
As I now have a CCD I did get a copy of MaximDL a few months back and tested guiding with that previously with some success, i've today installed EQASCOM and wanted to check my understanding that the recommended approach is to dump the ST4 cable (1 less cable), have Maxim do the guiding and any changes are sent back to the mount via EQASCOM.  Previously I was using ASCOM POTH, however EQASCOM seems to have it's own "hub" feature so it seems I don't need POTH anymore?

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

Peter
Sky-Watcher Explorer 190nm, AZ-EQ6, Lodestar X2, Atik 460EX, SX FW, SX OAG, Baader 1.25" LRGB + HaSIIOIII, Canon EOS 500D Unmodified, Orion ST80

Offline Einari

• Poster God
    • Einari's astro pages
Re: Auto guiding via EQASCOM
« Reply #1 on: 18:10:41, 27 February, 2016 »
Yep, last time I used Eqascom didn't need poth (although U used PHD for autoguiding).
Tapio

Celestron C8, C9.25" & Hyperstar, iOptron CEM60-EC, TS 80 triplet,  Coronado PST, SXV-694,  ASI120MM/ASI174MC Cool

Offline peterr

Re: Auto guiding via EQASCOM
« Reply #2 on: 19:42:35, 27 February, 2016 »
Thanks Tapio, finally a clear night tomorrow so will see how it goes.

Peter
Sky-Watcher Explorer 190nm, AZ-EQ6, Lodestar X2, Atik 460EX, SX FW, SX OAG, Baader 1.25" LRGB + HaSIIOIII, Canon EOS 500D Unmodified, Orion ST80

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook