Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
UKAI is moving to Facebook

Author Topic: LRGB photo shop  (Read 922 times)

Offline turbo

LRGB photo shop
« on: 14:56:44, 08 April, 2016 »
Can any one tell me how you attach or combine lum to rgb in photo shop . I've got my rgb image and my lum image open in photo shop how do you lay one on top of the over .if some one has a step by step that would be great I've followed the u tube videos I think it was off the top of my head cut copy paste lum on top of rgb but it doesn't seem to work I have two layers do you need to merge down . Like I said if anyone has step by step that would be great .
Can you do the same with narrow band  s2 0111 and ha make it into a rgb image giving ha - red , 0111 - green, s2 - blue then layer it over the top of your combined LRGB once I learn how to combine l on to rgb .
If you all follow or have I got you lost.
I've combined LRGB in maximum dl but I like photo shop and would love to do it all In photo shop.

Thanks
WO 110 scope  az eq6 gt mount sx825 camera lodestar x2 guider

Offline turbo

Re: LRGB photo shop
« Reply #1 on: 15:12:26, 08 April, 2016 »
I think I mite of found a good link http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/LRGB.html will give this a bash but please all advice greatly accepted
WO 110 scope  az eq6 gt mount sx825 camera lodestar x2 guider

Offline fwm891

• Retired Photographer
Re: LRGB photo shop
« Reply #2 on: 11:17:57, 15 April, 2016 »
If you have your two images as layers then arrange the layers so the luminance layer is on top and activate that layer. Then change the blend mode of the luminace layer to luminosity (bottom of the drop-down list on my CS3).

You can then adjust each layer using adjustment layers and clipping masks.
Altair Astro 115 EDT/APO and 8 inch CF/RC, Avalon Linear mount, RoR and lots of stuff...
flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/97440028@N04/with/14450746185/

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook