Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: issue with subframes  (Read 584 times)

Offline squreshi786

issue with subframes
« on: 17:19:16, 11 December, 2016 »
Hi
I am hoping for some advise. I have recently started imaging and very recently auto guiding.

I attach a 5 minute sub of m33 and also attach a 5 and a 10 minute sub of m31. The m33 and m31 where imaged on separate nights.

My indivisual m33 sub seemed very clear with not a lot of light pollution (I do use astronomic clip filter) and when I processed multiple light frames and calibrated with darks/flats/bias etc, registered and integrated the final image had a 'green tinge'  and getting rid of this background (i.e. neutralisation/extraction using Pixinsight) wasn't much an issue.

However, the data acquired over the following nights with 5 and 10 minutes; the individual subs where swarming with haze and signal to noise was not very good, and when I processed these frames the end result of calibration/stalking was a very red looking image and extracting the background was a nightmare.

The only thing that I did different in the night that I images m31 was that I turned on dithering on my PHD (plus the fact that I obtained 10 minute subs).

The m31 was imaged pretty much towards zenith, however the m31 was from zenith to horizon.

My question is, could the haze or lack of clear signal be due to dew? could dew turn my final image with red haze/tinge?
Could dithering have anything to do with these different results.
Losmandy G11, Gemini-1, GEMINI-ASCOM, Pole Master QHY, Takahashi TSA-102 F/8, Altair astro 60mm Guide scope (piggybacked). Loadstar X2 autoguider. PHD2 Autoguiding. Canon 600 T3 (Astronomiser modified). Pixinsight Processing

Offline Nimbus

• Poster God
Re: issue with subframes
« Reply #1 on: 17:30:07, 11 December, 2016 »
Can you provide the details of the equipment used? You appear to have some field curvature and focusing issues. Jim
EQ8 Pro
TAK FSQ 106 EDX IV
ATIK 16200 Mono, Atik OAG, Atik EFW3 2" LRGB S2 8.0nm /Ha 3.5nm/O3 8.5nm, Baader Filters, Lodestar Guider, Focusmax4, Robofocus
Maxim DL6.13, CdC & Photoshop CS3E,

Offline squreshi786

« Reply #2 on: 18:35:33, 11 December, 2016 »
Hi Jim
my equipment was as follows;
Losmandy G11, Gemini-1, GEMINI-ASCOM, Pole Master QHY, Tak APO-102 (NO REDUCER OR FIELDFLATTENER, AT F/8), Altair astro 60mm Guide scope (piggybacked). Loadstar 2 autoguider. PHD2 Autoguiding. Canon 600 T3 DSLR (Astronomiser modified) for imaging. Pixinsight Processing.

I have attached the final image (result of 5 and 10 minute subs) and a historical image comprising of 120 sec unguided subs.

Thanks

Saqib
Losmandy G11, Gemini-1, GEMINI-ASCOM, Pole Master QHY, Takahashi TSA-102 F/8, Altair astro 60mm Guide scope (piggybacked). Loadstar X2 autoguider. PHD2 Autoguiding. Canon 600 T3 (Astronomiser modified). Pixinsight Processing

Offline Nimbus

• Poster God
« Reply #3 on: 18:52:54, 11 December, 2016 »
You already have some nice equipment and at first glance you have produced a couple of half decent images especially as they are unguided.

The trouble is you are always going to struggle to obtain round stars across the image without a field flattener given the type of scope and the size of the sensor. The central stars are round and hence no guiding problems are apparent.

For me one of the key features of a imaging system is how flat the image circle is.   If funds allow buy a suitable flattener or perhaps something's like A TS65 scope which produces excellent images.

This will help improve your images leaps and bounds.

HTH Jim.
EQ8 Pro
TAK FSQ 106 EDX IV
ATIK 16200 Mono, Atik OAG, Atik EFW3 2" LRGB S2 8.0nm /Ha 3.5nm/O3 8.5nm, Baader Filters, Lodestar Guider, Focusmax4, Robofocus
Maxim DL6.13, CdC & Photoshop CS3E,

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook