Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: SGPro - Non-Responsive/Crashes  (Read 467 times)

Offline midnight_lightning

SGPro - Non-Responsive/Crashes
« on: 13:47:47, 21 July, 2017 »
I am having a few issues with SGPro crashing or becoming non-responsive, it's probably something I have done but I am having difficulty tracking it down. Two things.
The first is just general crashes, I haven't noticed a pattern but it occasionally just stops working and I have to kill it in task manager.

The second is that when using frame and focus with constant imaging it grinds to a halt, even if I select a small part of the image for focussing.

I have checked task manager when the above happens and all looks well in terms of system performance - nothing pushing the limits.  I also have EQMOD, PHD2, Stellarium/Scope running.

My laptop only has 2 USB slots (v2 & v3) - I had the Camera plugged directly in the V3 port and a USB extension port plugged into the V2 - this was running the mount, wireless mouse and PHD2 and filter wheel. Could the problem be that I am overloading the USB ports - I'm not sure how to check this?

I need to check what drivers I am running, I know I downloaded drivers from the SX site for the camera and filter wheel, cant remember if I then also download ASCOM drivers. However, for the most part the Camera and FW seem to be working and I have managed to take some test images through the lounge window.

Just wondered whether anyone has had any similar experience or has suggestions?

On a bright note I just got my first Blind plate solve to work, and Solve/Centre using an Astorbin URL. You should see the smile on my face, what wonderful magic, cant wait for a clear night!!

Thanks

Mid
HEQ5 Pro (Belt Mod), Sky Watcher Esprit Pro 80/400, SX Mini Filter Wheel with OAG - Lodestar X2, SX814, Software - SGPro, PHD2, Stellarium (Scope), EQMOD, DSS, Star Tools.

Offline Roger B

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • Capricorn1 observatory
Re: SGPro - Non-Responsive/Crashes
« Reply #1 on: 14:22:10, 21 July, 2017 »
SGP has occasionally crashed on me for no reason & I cannot fathom out why.   Although it hasn't done it for a while. ( touch wood )

you should be getting a log file,  it may be worth joining the SGP forum and asking them,  they will ask for the log file though ( always do )

Rog
Scopes - TS65q, W/O 110 Triplet
Mount - EQ6 PRO via  Eqmod,  Rowan belt modded
Cameras - SX694, QSI583WSG,Lodestar Guidecam, GP-Cam, QHY5II.
TS 9mm OAG
Quantum 7x1.25 EFW, Baader LRGB,Ha,OIII,SII Filters 
Quark chromo

SGPro, Pixinsight.

************AND NO TIME TO USE IT************

Offline midnight_lightning

« Reply #2 on: 18:11:09, 21 July, 2017 »
Thanks Rog, I never thought of that :o
HEQ5 Pro (Belt Mod), Sky Watcher Esprit Pro 80/400, SX Mini Filter Wheel with OAG - Lodestar X2, SX814, Software - SGPro, PHD2, Stellarium (Scope), EQMOD, DSS, Star Tools.

Offline Eccoskies

• Administrator
  • Poster God
  • Im so unlucky, if I had a pet duck it would sink !
« Reply #3 on: 20:30:56, 23 July, 2017 »
Had this a few times myself when fiddling around. Always stable when imaging though  :suspious:

Mark
Mark
53N 1W

Pair of binos and a beer

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook