Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: stellarium stellariumscope problem  (Read 450 times)

Offline philip57

stellarium stellariumscope problem
« on: 11:33:35, 23 March, 2017 »
Hi,
I have installed the stellarium and stellariumscope software in windows10 perfectly ok.
my telescope is ascom controlled. using eqdirect cable
in StellariumScope i have my mount selected as EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6, i altered nothing in the Properties box , then when i tick the CONNECT box i get this message`Stellariumscope should have disconnected from your mount.It is essential that your mount is not tracking or slewing`
The tick will not stay in the CONNECT box. ( but for a microsecond you do see the EQMOD NSEW control box but disappears immediately with that above message)

Anyway i then start Stellariumn and go to Telescope Control
it shows
1 Connected local,external Scope
3. Connected local,external Sync
5.Connected local,external Cancel
and i also ticked the box Load at startup

and then when i try to slew to anything i get the message:
No connection to telescope check
-scope is powered on and cables hooked up
-scope driver has been selected
-connect option is checked

The scope is powered, cables hooked up, EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 driver selected but as mentioned earlier i cant get the tick to stay in the CONNECT box in stellariumscope.

Any help would be appreciated

I feel its something to do with the driver selected in Stellarscope

Further to this i have now noticed in device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark against the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (Com3)
Am i missing something here. Could it be something that i should have entered in to the Properties box that is against against the EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 in Ascom Telescop Chooser

Philip
philip59
Nebula

Offline chris.bailey

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
  • If at last you do succeed, don't try again
    • Rosemount Observatory
Re: stellarium stellariumscope problem
« Reply #1 on: 13:11:09, 23 March, 2017 »
Hi Philip

The error in device manager is telling you that the USB-Serial Port is not working. there is an issue with the Prolific driver in Windows 10 in that it does not work with older Prolific chip sets. See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/prolific-usb-to-serial-comm-port-windows-10/0a4f8e48-7135-4434-9d10-349c9ce87fcf?auth=1 for more detail and a solution.

As far as Stellarium Scope is concerned, the mount is EQmod not the physical mount itself. It is connecting to EQmod but EQMod cannot connect to the EQ Mount due to the issue above.

Once you have sorted out the driver and no longer have the exclamation mark in device manager, you do need to go into EQmod and choose the Com port, COM 3 above. You 'should' then find that Stellarium Scope connects to EQmod and EQMod in turn connects to the physical mount.

HTH

Chris
LX200|ZS70|FSQ85|FLT110|Altair DF250RC|EQ6 Pro(Rowan Belt Mod)|ParamountMX
ATIK383L+/EFW2/OAG|Lodestar|Baader 36mm LRGBHaSIIOIII
Starlight Express SXVRH16/ONAG/FW|Lodestar X2|Baader 2" Filters
Starlight Express SXVRH814/ONAG/FW|LodestarX2|Baader 2" Filters
Lunt LS60PTBF1200|DMK41|Quark Chromo
Samyang 135mm f1.8

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook