Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: New to UKAI, I think.  (Read 347 times)

Offline Wobbly Bob

New to UKAI, I think.
« on: 11:28:44, 26 September, 2017 »
 :D
Hello UKAI, My name is Bob and have been interested in astronomy and space since a boy. My wife and I have been going to star parties for some years starting at the Dower House in Thetford Forest where we made some very good friends , I had great pleasure meeting many of them this last weekend at Kelling Heath.
A few years back I built an Observatory in our garden supplied by Altair Astro, Unfortunatly due to poor health and horrendous light pollution i disposed of the Observatory and most of my equipment.
A new chapter began this summer when the urge to do something astronomical took hold of me and i purchased a pair of APM100mm binoculars, no wires or power requirements simply take tripod and bins onto the yard and away we go, that was until last week when we made the gruelling slog up the A140 to Kelling Heath for the first time in three years, now the reason for joining UKAI  ISSSS I bought a Coranado 60mm sold as seen (MORE ABOUT THAT LATER} and an ALTAIR ASTRO GP-CAM so technically I will be back to wires laptops and IMAGING.
I would like to finish by saying our trip to Kelling last week reminded me what a wonderful hobby we have, the number of people and old friends who came up to me and said hello was very touching. Clear Skies every one.

Offline Roger B

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • Capricorn1 observatory
Re: New to UKAI, I think.
« Reply #1 on: 22:00:42, 29 September, 2017 »
Hi Bob, 

Welcome to UKAI

Rog
Scopes - TS65q, W/O 110 Triplet
Mount - EQ6 PRO via  Eqmod,  Rowan belt modded
Cameras - SX694, QSI583WSG,Lodestar Guidecam, GP-Cam, QHY5II.
TS 9mm OAG
Quantum 7x1.25 EFW, Baader LRGB,Ha,OIII,SII Filters 
Quark chromo

SGPro, Pixinsight.

************AND NO TIME TO USE IT************

Offline PaulB

• Galactic Poster
  • Canis Major
    • Paul's Astronomy Pages
« Reply #2 on: 00:28:50, 30 September, 2017 »
Welcome to the UKAI forum.
Kelling is a wonderful event. Made even special for me. I saw a dark sky  :surprise:
Paul.
"Whirlpool Observatory"
Losmandy G11-Gemini L4.
Celestron C9.25.
Megrez 80 ED II Triplet.
Orion OMC 140
Altair 115ED F7
Coronado PST
Atik 428EX
Atik EFW 2
QHY5L-II.
Modded Canon 1000D.
IOptron Mini Tower II
CCD Images
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulabrierley/

Offline Carole

• Poster God
    • Carole Pope Astro-Imaging
« Reply #3 on: 16:18:11, 01 October, 2017 »
Hiyah Bob from an old friend.

Carole
Mount: NEQ6 (on pier), HEQ5 (for astrocamps),  Telescopes: SW ED120 Pro and SW Evostar ED80 pro, WO ZS71 APO, Cameras: Modified Canon EOS 450D, Atik 460EX, Atik314, DMK21, DBK, Dual rig options. Observatory: SkyPOD & PZT
https://sites.google.com/site/caroleastroimaging/home

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
« Reply #4 on: 09:44:08, 02 October, 2017 »
Big welcome to UKAI Bob... good to have you with us and great to see another solar imager to boost the ranks  ;) :thumbup:

S.
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook