Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Radio Telescope is back up and running.  (Read 743 times)

Offline Nomis Elfactem

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • The View From A Room
Radio Telescope is back up and running.
« on: 11:26:20, 30 September, 2017 »
After a few years of inactivity I finally pulled my finger out (inspired after Kelling) to get my Meteor Detection radio telescope back up and running.  Thankfully the gremlins were busy destroying other parts of my kit (my USB3 ports on my desktop have died  :() and it pretty much worked first time... once I'd remembered what the hell to do  :crazy:

Looking forward to the next big shower now and am also working on getting the .wav files to save too.

Fun fun fun...
Simon

Scopes: Astro-Tech AT-111EDT Triplet, TS65ED Quad, Orion ST80, Modded PST-90 Solar Scope, PST Cak (on loan)
Cameras: SXVF H694, Atik 16ic, Canon EOS 600d, DMK41, DMK21, QHY 5L-II (mono & colour)
Accessories: SX USB Filter Wheel, SX OAG, Baader LRGB Ha SI OII Filters, SharpSky Focuser
Mount: EQ6 (EQMOD), SW Star Adventurer, plus a lot (and I mean a lot) of other bits and pieces

Offline swashy

• UKAI GFX Guru
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
Re: Radio Telescope is back up and running.
« Reply #1 on: 19:47:46, 30 September, 2017 »
Nice one Si, brings back memories of those wet weekends at the peak star party watching the meteors go ping ping ping!   :canadian:

...until we realised we were getting over excited about all those 737's coming home from Magaluf  :gum:

Seriously though, great stuff mate! hope you have it with you at the spring kelling
Ade

Imagine...  above us only sky!

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook