Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Newtonian quality  (Read 173 times)

Offline TareqPhoto

Newtonian quality
« on: 22:27:34, 24 February, 2018 »
Hi,

I want to ask about how good is TS/GSO 8" newtonian?

I will buy a newtonian of 8" F5, and almost the only one i found is this TS/GSO one, so is it good one as optical quality?

I didn't ask if it is good against another scopes or newtonians, i only ask about this only quality.

Thank you very much!

Offline chris.bailey

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
  • If at last you do succeed, don't try again
    • Rosemount Observatory
Re: Newtonian quality
« Reply #1 on: 11:05:32, 25 February, 2018 »
Hi Tareq

They are good value for money and optically shoot a little above their price point. Mechanically the focuser can be a bit weak for imaging but is easily changed and the mirror cell can need a bit of tweaking.

There are several other options, Altair Astro (one of our sponsors) do a fettled version and then there are offerings from Orion, Celestron and a heap of others.

Chris

LX200|ZS70|FSQ85|FLT110|Altair DF250RC|EQ6 Pro(Rowan Belt Mod)|ParamountMX
ATIK383L+/EFW2/OAG|Lodestar|Baader 36mm LRGBHaSIIOIII
Starlight Express SXVRH16/ONAG/FW|Lodestar X2|Baader 2" Filters
Starlight Express SXVRH814/ONAG/FW|LodestarX2|Baader 2" Filters
Lunt LS60PTBF1200|DMK41|Quark Chromo
Samyang 135mm f1.8

Offline TareqPhoto

Re: Newtonian quality
« Reply #2 on: 20:42:40, 25 February, 2018 »
Ah ok, thank you very much!

I found one from Meade in eBay, i won the bid, i will try to get that because i liked the color, sounds the design is good, can't say it is amazing high end or very high quality, but i hope Meade is a good name as well, i heard good things about them.

I saw Altair newtonian from one site and i felt like to get that, but if i will buy the Meade then no Altair, if i didn't get that Meade then Altair is a good choice i hope really, and having them as a sponsor here means they are good name.

Now my main thing is to buy the motherboard replacement for my mount after i damaged it by a mistake or accidentally, but the site from UK doesn't show clear processing, i mean the VAT is still included even after i put the item in the cart and chose my country, and i don't know if it is available in stock or not, there i saw that Altair newtonian scope, but sounds i will only get the motherboard if i finish from eBay, later i can think about other things, maybe i will buy another newtonian in the future smaller and even slower for just collecting and more experience, and hope i can get Altair that time.

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook