Username:

Password:

UKAI is moving to Facebook

Author Topic: Remote Imaging, Data Subscription and Telescope Hosting in Australia  (Read 2316 times)

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
Hello there.  Martin Pugh here.
I am delighted to announce that construction of my large observatory here in rural New South Wales will commence next week and is expected to be complete by the end of the month.  Thereafter, I will be offering remote imaging, data subscription and telescope hosting. 

I have published information here: https://www.martinpughastrophotography.space/remote-imaging-and-telescope-hosting
You can view my night skies practically real time via this URL:  http://martinpughastrophotography.id.au/ASC.htm and on both of these pages is a link to a spreadsheet where I have captured historical weather data for my site.

From a hosting perspective, 3 pier spots remain but telescope rental will only be offered as an alternative to data subscription.  The latter is a very inexpensive way to gain access to high quality data of skies that are typically inaccessible to northern hemisphere imagers.

The URL above shows the very high specification systems that I will be installing.  Indeed the Astro Physics Riccardi Honders has been in a trial subscription for the past 4 months and one of my subscribers has already nailed a  NASA APOD (https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap171018.html).

From a technical perspective, I have lots of experience and have commissioned and operated remote imaging platforms for 5+ years now.  The new observatory is on my property so I am on site, immediately available 24x7. 

If any of these opportunities interest you, please contact me at mpastro2001@yahoo.co.uk or via the contact form on my website above for further information and pricing.

cheers
Martin

Offline Einari

• Poster God
    • Einari's astro pages
Re: Remote Imaging, Data Subscription and Telescope Hosting in Australia
« Reply #1 on: 10:13:59, 06 January, 2018 »
Interesting.
Just sent your email.

Tapio
Tapio

Celestron C8, C9.25" & Hyperstar, iOptron CEM60-EC, TS 80 triplet,  Coronado PST, SXV-694,  ASI120MM/ASI174MC Cool

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #2 on: 11:42:52, 06 January, 2018 »
Hello again.

I have uploaded some sample data taken through the Astro Physics RH305 telescope.  They are in FITS format (and have been calibrated) and I have used Maxim DL's compression algorithim to reduce the file size.  So you need to open the files in Maxim and if you want to open them in a different program just save them out in uncompressed format.

http://martinpughastrophotography.id.au/Test_Page3.htm

cheers
Martin

Offline psjshep

• Database dude... for the last breath of UKAI
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
  • My god! It's full of stars.... just often enough!
    • Some astro Pics
« Reply #3 on: 15:30:35, 06 January, 2018 »
Nice images, Martin.... :clap:

Must have a play with them in PixInsight.....

Phil
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Images

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #4 on: 20:31:18, 06 January, 2018 »
Thanks Phil and for the welcome message.

This scope is nothing short of amazing; 12.5" at f3.8 and is well matched to the SBIG STXL 16200.

I am just finishing up on the Tarantula nebula, and the subs are just great.

Clear skies
Martin

Offline chris.bailey

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
  • If at last you do succeed, don't try again
    • Rosemount Observatory
« Reply #5 on: 10:55:47, 07 January, 2018 »
Martin

If that sample M8 sub is representative, then it is a dream combination.

Chris
LX200|ZS70|FSQ85|FLT110|Altair DF250RC|EQ6 Pro(Rowan Belt Mod)|ParamountMX
ATIK383L+/EFW2/OAG|Lodestar|Baader 36mm LRGBHaSIIOIII
Starlight Express SXVRH16/ONAG/FW|Lodestar X2|Baader 2" Filters
Starlight Express SXVRH814/ONAG/FW|LodestarX2|Baader 2" Filters
Lunt LS60PTBF1200|DMK41|Quark Chromo
Samyang 135mm f1.8

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: 21:07:43, 07 January, 2018 »
It certainly is Chris.  The scope/camera combination works really well and the dark skies really help too.

all the best
Martin

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: 11:13:26, 19 January, 2018 »
Hi everyone.

Delighted to post into the forum that the observatory construction phase is now complete and telescope installation is underway.

https://www.martinpughastrophotography.space/remote-imaging-and-telescope-hosting

There are just 2 pier spots left and of course the CDK17 data subscription opportunity will commence in a couple of weeks and the RH305 shortly thereafter.

cheers
Martin

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #8 on: 10:53:16, 05 February, 2018 »
Hello again.

Heaven's Mirror Observatory is now operational with two of my systems installed (http://martinpughastrophotography.id.au/images/HM.JPG), with two others underway, and two more to be installed early next month.

But the big news is that the CDK17 is up and running and I am now looking for subscribers to the data subscription plan that I am offering. The subscription period will commence on Monday 19 Feb as I will be finalizing the preps on this wonderful instrument up until then (e.g all fresh calibration frames). Please contact me directly for pricing; I have a really good deal to offer.

and as a taster, check out this 5 minute image of Carina:
http://martinpughastrophotography.id...%20300secs.fit.

Together with the good seeing, and my special blend of AOX settings, I was delighted to get FWHM 1.3-1.4.

The re-commissioning of the Riccardi Honders has gone really well and that is now imaging again and on a brand new Paramount ME II; I have also added a 3nm Astrodon NII filter to add a little extra fun. The next subscription period commences 22 March and again, I have a good deal to offer here.

Pier availability - depending on the outcome of recent enquiries, I anticipate one, maybe two pier spots will be still available. As an additional benefit, I am now also providing the pier to anyone who is interested in hosting at no extra cost. So that is one logistical headache out of the way.

all the best and clear skies

Martin Pugh

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #9 on: 00:39:32, 08 February, 2018 »
Hello again.

there are just a couple of spaces left before the data subscription quota for the CDK is full.

regards

Martin

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #10 on: 10:46:45, 19 February, 2018 »
Hello there.

I have posted some CDK17 sampler data here:

http://martinpughastrophotography.id.au/CDK17Sampler.htm

For those interested, data subscription starts shortly.  Contact me for further info.

cheers
Martin

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
« Reply #11 on: 11:41:05, 22 February, 2018 »
Good morning/evening.

The first data subscription period on the RH305 is in its final month and the feedback I have received from the subscribers is that they have been very happy with the quality and quantity of the data provided. 

I have received some processed results and with their permission have hosted them on my website here:

https://www.martinpughastrophotography.space/remote-imaging-and-telescope-hosting

cheers
Martin

Offline Roger B

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • Capricorn1 observatory
some lovely images from them Martin.

I have had a look on your site but cannot see how much things cost.   ( Maybe missing it somewhere )

Rog
Scopes - TS65q, W/O 110 Triplet
Mount - EQ6 PRO via  Eqmod,  Rowan belt modded
Cameras - SX694, QSI583WSG,Lodestar Guidecam, GP-Cam, QHY5II.
TS 9mm OAG
Quantum 7x1.25 EFW, Baader LRGB,Ha,OIII,SII Filters 
Quark chromo

SGPro, Pixinsight.

************AND NO TIME TO USE IT************

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
Hey Rog, thanks for the reply.

Either system costs just £180 per month if you subscribe for a year, otherwise it is £215 per month. Subscribing for a year makes good sense and I am happy to apply the £420 discount for those wanting to sign up; all payable into a UK bank account if course.

Contact me offline for further details, and don't forget to check out the sample data available on my site.

Cheers
Martin

Offline MRPUGH55

• UKAI Sponsor
Hello everyone.

The next RH305 subscription period start date has been moved right by 1 week and now commences on 6 or 7 April (this is due to system optimisation and hardware upgrade)

There are just 4 places left on this group of subscribers so If you are interested in signing up, please contact me.

all the best
Martin

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook