Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters
Solar Gravity 2018

Author Topic: Cone Nebula  (Read 338 times)

Offline Skipper Billy

• My personal astro website
Cone Nebula
« on: 21:46:27, 21 February, 2018 »
I finally managed to get the RGB to go with the Luminance from 7th Jan - another week and I would have to wait for another year ! 22 x 300 second Luminance, 12 x 120 seconds each of RGB. Equipment used - Explore Scientific 210mm f3.8 carbon astrograph, Explore Scientific coma corrector, Atik 460 EX mono camera, Atik EFW2 filter wheel and Baader filters, SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6-GT mount guided by new Skywatcher EvoGuide and Lodestar running PHD2. Fully processed in Pixinsight and and fully calibrated with Darks, Bias and Flats.

C&C welcomed.
Scopes - 130 Heritage for visual, ES 210mm f3.8 Carbon Hex astrograph for imaging, SW EvoGuide and Lodestar for guiding
Mount - Skywatcher AZ-EQ6-GT
Camera - Atik 460EX mono and Atik EFW loaded with Baader Narrowband and Broadband filters
Website www.davidbanksastro.com

Offline Einari

• Poster God
    • Einari's astro pages
Re: Cone Nebula
« Reply #1 on: 07:59:03, 22 February, 2018 »
Very nice image.
I would try to minimize the effect of stars, but that is more of personal taste.
Tapio

Celestron C8, C9.25" & Hyperstar, iOptron CEM60-EC, TS 80 triplet,  Coronado PST, SXV-694,  ASI120MM/ASI174MC Cool

Offline Skipper Billy

• My personal astro website
« Reply #2 on: 18:21:24, 22 February, 2018 »
Thanks Einari

The stars do dominate but I don't know how to do anything about it - more YouTube videos on Pixinsight to watch I think!!

Any pointers gladly received !

Scopes - 130 Heritage for visual, ES 210mm f3.8 Carbon Hex astrograph for imaging, SW EvoGuide and Lodestar for guiding
Mount - Skywatcher AZ-EQ6-GT
Camera - Atik 460EX mono and Atik EFW loaded with Baader Narrowband and Broadband filters
Website www.davidbanksastro.com

Offline Roger B

• Administrator
  • Galactic Poster
    • Capricorn1 observatory
« Reply #3 on: 20:10:25, 23 February, 2018 »
That is a nice image,

I do agree though the diff spike do make you look at those more than the object itself.

Rog
Scopes - TS65q, W/O 110 Triplet
Mount - EQ6 PRO via  Eqmod,  Rowan belt modded
Cameras - SX694, QSI583WSG,Lodestar Guidecam, GP-Cam, QHY5II.
TS 9mm OAG
Quantum 7x1.25 EFW, Baader LRGB,Ha,OIII,SII Filters 
Quark chromo

SGPro, Pixinsight.

************AND NO TIME TO USE IT************

Offline Peter Shah

• The Regulars
  • Galactic Poster
    • astropix.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 09:05:33, 24 February, 2018 »
A lovely shot....If I can add my penny's worth.....?  There are a number of reasons why diffraction and the star bloat can dominate an image. Processing is one as is the obvious star brightness,  but your stars are quite tight and although you could improve them slightly I think in this case its more to do with the chip size combined with small pixels. The bloat that you would normally get from an 8inch scope is spread across more pixels at say at 4un compared to a larger pixel of lets say 9un. So then you could reduce this by binning 2x2 but then your resolution comes into play and field of view. So larger pixels on a larger format will give less noticeable bloat. Also if you were to go up to a larger aperture then the optical resolution increases as does your FL and so naturally get smaller stars keeping the same FOV.....
The quality and the amount of  glass in the optical train is another...everytime you add another surface you get wavefront loss .......
.....ZzzzZZzz come on wake up at the back  :snore:
an AG12 and a few other bits

Offline midnight_lightning

« Reply #5 on: 22:15:42, 16 March, 2018 »
I agree with some of the other comments about the stars dominating too much but got to say the colours in this image are fantastic!

Nice image.

Jon
HEQ5 Pro (Belt Mod), Sky Watcher Esprit Pro 80/400, SX Mini Filter Wheel with OAG - Lodestar X2, SX814, Software - SGPro, PHD2, Stellarium (Scope), EQMOD, DSS, Star Tools.

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook