Username:

Password:

Altair AstroDIO DehumidifiersAtik CamerasModern AstronomyDavid HindsNe3 Filters

Author Topic: Cosmos Magazine  (Read 506 times)

Offline Dave Dubya

• http://www.neas.me.uk
Cosmos Magazine
« on: 18:04:29, 17 April, 2005 »
I got an email promoting a new astronomy magazine called Cosmos. Might interest some of you. Not sure how 'professional' the magazine is, looks like it might be an advanced AS production.

BIG quote:

Hello Everybody,

I would like to announce the launch of a new magazine entitled COSMOS. Its main aim is to promote life long learning in astronomy and the space sciences.

There are three aspects to the magazine which will be available each month:

1. Promoting Astronomy in the classroom and working alongside the European Space Agency in producing information which will be curriculum based reference material to be used in schools and educational institutions.

2. A new networking system for amateur astronomers to broadcast their news, events, research and general activities.

3. A scientific Journal which will allow quick publication of astronomical research, observations, articles and papers.

There will also be a new directory named "Blueprint" which aims to provide information on University Courses, telescope retailers, astronomical societies etc for use by astronomers and the general public. It aims to be the astronomer’s version of the yellow pages!

Contributions of articles, photographs, observations, society news and events are all welcome, and will be published as soon as possible on our interactive website and appear in the immediate issue of COSMOS.

The magazine will be available form all good newsagents and will be sold at £3.25

Cut-price subscription is available from £12 per year or £15 for two years

More information and can be found at:

www.cosmosmagazine.co.uk

Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Very Best Wishes,
Sotira Trifourki - Editor
(Manchester Astronomical Society Secretary)

ukbuysellRemote Imaging from AustraliaSharpSkyblank APTUKAI on Facebook
TinyPortal © 2005-2012